Thursday, January 29, 2009

Pumpkin Cheesecake

To be honest, I found this one in an advertisement for Libby's Pumpkin in a parenting magazine when I was ten. At that point in my life, I had no rational fear of baking recipes from advertisements. Anyways, this recipe made me feel important at thanksgivings for years to come. At one point, my sister, mother, and I ate one of these babies whole...by ourselves. At another more recent point, my mother, aunt, and I did the same thing. This kicks regular pumpkin pies arse and is way worse for you.
INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 (15 ounce) can Pumpkin
2/3 cup Evaporated Milk
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
DIRECTIONS
PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
COMBINE graham cracker crumbs, butter and granulated sugar in medium bowl. Press onto bottom and 1 inch up side of ungreased 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes (do not allow to brown). Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
BEAT cream cheese, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until fluffy. Beat in eggs, pumpkin and evaporated milk. Add cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg; beat well. Pour into crust.
BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly.
COMBINE sour cream, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in small bowl; mix well. Spread over surface of warm cheesecake. Bake for 5 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Remove side of springform pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment