Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Individual Meringues

Some people really don't like just eating meringues. I do.
The way I see it, egg whites are really good for you and this is just another way to get protein... and a lot of sugar. I like decorating cakes with meringues- I used to know how to make little mushroom meringues, but now I can't recall (sorry, I'm useless)- Anyways, on the subject of cake decorating, you can brush leaves with chocolate (non poison leaves are preferable) and stick them in the fridge for an hour or so, then peel the leaf off. Lo and behold, you have chocolate leaves. Don't try this with dead leaves- I tried to for thanksgiving for the pumpkin cheesecake (because i live in upstate new york now and nothing is green at thanksgiving)- and it made my life miserable.
250 degrees, 45-60 minutes
Cover baking sheet with paper bag (parchment paper)
Beat ‘til stiff
7 egg whites
Pinch of salt
Continue to beat, slowly adding 1 T at a time
1 ½ c sugar
Fold in
¾ c sugar
1 t vanilla
Put egg white mixture into big plastic bag
Cut little hole in corner
Squirt little meringues onto parchment paper

No comments:

Post a Comment