Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mango Sorbet


There is hardly anything more decadent than a bowl of mango sorbet. The grocery store was practically giving away near perfect mangos, and I couldn't resist. Bought 7 huge juicy babies for $2! Bless my soul! Anyways, this recipe is easy as pie, thought the mango puree did take forever to freeze. I ran it through the ice cream maker for about 40 minutes and it still wasn't frozen, so I ended up putting it in the freezer, stirring occasionally, until it reached the texture I wanted. So, you could probably do this with out an ice cream maker, which is nice.

Puree together:
5 or so very ripe mangos
1/3 c water
2 limes, juiced
a pinch of sea salt

run through an ice cream maker, or leave in freezer, stirring occasionally until frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment