Saturday, May 14, 2011

Dream Bean Tacos


There are a couple really tasty dishes that have become staples in my diet since getting laid off from my job a week or so ago. The relative cheapness of beans, onions, and soft taco shells, make this a winner. The avocado is something I splurge on when I can, because it really is the icing on the cake for this recipe.

Saute:
1/2 a large onion
3 cloves garlic
red pepper flakes
paprika
salt

Add and continue cooking:
1 (15 oz) can black beans
LOTS OF SALT

heat 4 soft taco shells in a frying pan with a little oil, until a little brown on both sides

mash up an avocado with ample salt (I'm a fan of salt)

divide beans and onions between tacos, add more hot sauce if you like. Top with avocado mash, cilantro and lots of lime juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment