Sunday, August 22, 2010

Buttermilk Pancakes

I seem to be on a pancake/breakfast streak, but really, you can't go wrong with that. Buttermilk pancakes are one of my favorite things in the world, but I absolutely detest pancakes that claim to be buttermilk, but don't taste like it. Don't get me wrong; there is nothing wrong with your everyday pancakes- still, they just aren't buttermilk pancakes unless you can taste it. This recipe is the best I've come across, and have been using it since I was 9 years old. Its fail proof. As a kid, I loved to add chocolate chips, and then pour outrageous amounts of chocolate syrup over the pancakes. The pancakes are great like that, plain, or with a couple handfuls of blueberries mixed in.

combine:
2 c flour
1 1/4 t baking powder
3/4 t baking powder
1 t salt

add:
2 eggs
2 c buttermilk
1/4 c melted butter

No comments:

Post a Comment